[Openstack-operators] Ocata provider network issue failing to raise interfaces

Matthew Czajka mattczajka at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:22:31 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I’m running into an issue with a new Ocata deployment. I’m unable to boot
an instance directly from the provider network. Instance logs show that it
keeps repeating “failed to raise interfaces” so it doesn’t get an IP
assigned, and then can’t reach the metatdata servers.

Booting an instance from a self-service network works fine, can ping other
internal IPs within the vlan, and can assign and use a floating IP.

Deployment is running linux bridge, with a flat network for provider. 3
controllers, 3 network nodes, and 2 compute nodes. Using dhcpdump I can see
DHCP requests being made, but no acknowledgement afterwards. If I console
into the server and assign the public IP statically, that IP then works.
It’s only at boot (or reboot), that the instance can’t grab the IP.

Any help would be appreciated, I’ve been banging my head over this for a
while.

Thanks,

Matt C