[Openstack-operators] [cinder] volume in-use attached to None?

Christopher Hull chrishull42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 18:45:37 UTC 2017

Running Liberty.
I'd like to be able to create new volumes from old ones.  Launching
instances from volumes results in the volume being "root attached", and
therefore, it seems, forever wed to the instance.  It can not be copied.
So I tried deleting the instance.  Still no good.  The volume is now in-use
by None.   So now the volume is completely useless.
How do I force Cinder to detach from either a root mounted , or of all
things, None??

-Chris

- Christopher T. Hull

http://faq.chrishull.com