[Openstack-operators] How to best assign a public IP to a server?

Christopher Hull chrishull42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 18:05:41 UTC 2017

Hi all;

I have a fairly typical ATT service with 5 static IPs that I run servers
on.  I'd like to run some servers out of Openstack.   What is the best way
to assign a public IP to an instance?

I've tried creating a second subnet on Public, and sometimes I get lucky
and an instance picks up an IP from there.  I've also tried using nova
add-fixed-ip.  There is no way to associate a subnet to an instance, only a
whole network.   And simply using flat, I can's have two networks
associated with my ATT router.

Running Liberty.     Any ideas?

Thanks;
-Chris

- Christopher T. Hull
My contract at NASA has ended and I am seeking new opportunities.
For updated resume and other info, please click this link.
http://faq.chrishull.com
Sunnyvale CA. 94085
(415) 385 4865
chrishull42 at gmail.com