[Openstack-operators] It's time...

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Thu Oct 5 01:47:48 UTC 2017

Tom,

The OpenStack community is a family, and you will always be part of it. You’ve made a huge impact bootstrapping the User Committee, empowering operators and generally growing the user community. The silver lining is that you’ve also helped grow many new leaders in the community to help carry forward this important work.

We hope you stay close to OpenStack, but regardless I think you’ve officially achieved AUC status for life...and it sounds like we’ll have a good crew to cheers you in Sydney! :)

To the community,

Tom will be on board through the end of the year to help transition while we work to fill his shoes on the Foundation staff. In the meantime, the User Committee leaders are good points of contact for community organizing, and you can get in touch with them through the UC mailing list and regular IRC meetings.

We also have quite a few members of the Foundation staff who work closely with the UC and across the community, including Allison Price (working with the UC on the User Survey & Superuser), Anne Bertucio (working with Shamail & product team on the Roadmap efforts), Chris Hoge (focused on testing and working across communities like Kubernetes), Mike Perez (cross project developer coordinator), Kendall Nelson (upstream development coordinator & upstream institute), Ildiko Vancsa (telecom, OPNFV liaison, upstream institute), Jimmy McArthur (supporting the Forum & AUC designation), David Flanders (working with the public cloud working group and “closing the app gap”) and Sonia Ramza (intern helping communicate with Ambassadors & user group leaders). I’ve copied them on this email so that their contact info is handy.

Please know we’re here and always available to serve the community, and feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Lauren