[Openstack-operators] [nova] Should we allow passing new user_data during rebuild?

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:33:40 UTC 2017

In our cloud rebuild is the only way for a user to keep the same IP.
Unfortunately, we don't offer floating IPs, yet.
Also, we use the user_data to bootstrap some actions in new instances
(puppet, ...).
Considering all the use-cases for rebuild it would be great if the
user_data can be updated at rebuild time.