[Openstack-operators] [cinder] unable to copy an image to a new volume on Ocata

Andy Wojnarek andy.wojnarek at theatsgroup.com
Sat May 27 15:45:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

So I’m trying to integrate Cinder and IBM Storwize into my cloud in my lab and I’m running into an issue. I can create volumes (empty), no problem – but when I try and copy an image to that volume on creation I get an error:

ImageCopyFailure: Failed to copy image to volume: Bad or unexpected response from the storage volume backend API: Unable to fetch connection information from backend: Volume driver reported an error: terminate_connection: Failed to get host name from connector.

( full error: http://paste.openstack.org/show/610786/)

I’ve narrowed it down to line 853 in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/ibm/storwize_svc/storwize_svc_fc.py – where there is logic about deriving a host_name. Any idea how to troubleshoot this further?

Here is my cinder.conf:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/610787/

Any ideas?

Thanks,