[Openstack-operators] Routed provider networks...

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri May 26 14:41:12 UTC 2017

> We use provider networks to essentially take neutron-l3 out of the equation. Generally they are shared on all compute hosts, but usually there aren't huge numbers of computes.

Hello,

we have a datacenter completely L3, routing to the host.

to implement the provider networks we are using the neutron-l2gw plugin.

basically there is a Switch where we bridge a physical port attached
to the provider network, with a virtual VXLAN tenant network. The
config of the switch is managed by neutron using the l2gw-plugin.

Cheers,

Saverio