[Openstack-operators] [nova][ironic][scheduler][placement] IMPORTANT: NOT Getting rid of the automated reschedule functionality

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed May 24 01:05:33 UTC 2017

On 5/23/2017 7:01 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 05/23/2017 07:06 PM, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
>> Thanks Jay,
>>
>> I wonder whether there is an easy-ish way to collect stats about the
>> sorts of errors deployers see in that catchall, so that when this
>> comes back around in a release or two there might be some less
>> anecdotal data available...?
>
> Don't worry, Blair. I'm going to code up a backdoor'd
> call-home-to-my-personal-cloud-server thing inside the catch Exception:
> block that automatically sends me all the operator's failure information.
>
> OK, just kidding. I'll probably just emit some lovely WARNING messages
> into your logs.
>
> Best,
> -jay

It doesn't look like we record an instance fault in this case, which
probably makes sense until you get a NoValidHost, but even then I see
some code which looks like it's setting variables for creating an
instance fault at some point, but I don't see where that actually
happens if you get a NoValidHost due to MaxRetriesExceeded.

We do send an instance.create.error notification, if anyone is listening
for notifications and recording them anywhere. That data could be mined.

Matt