[Openstack-operators] DB deadlocks due to connection string

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue May 23 16:38:34 UTC 2017

> This sounds like something we could fix completely by dropping the
> use of the offending library. I know there was a lot of work done
> to get pymysql support in place. It seems like we can finish that by
> removing support for the old library and redirecting mysql://
> connections to use pymysql.
>
> Doug

I think that may be ideal. If there are known issues with the library,
and we have a different and well tested alternative that we know works,
it's probably easier all around to just redirect internally to use
pymysql.

The one thing I don't know is if there are any valid reasons for someone
wanting to use mysql over pymysql.