[Openstack-operators] [nova][ironic][scheduler][placement] IMPORTANT: Getting rid of the automated reschedule functionality

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon May 22 19:42:17 UTC 2017

On 05/22/2017 02:45 PM, James Penick wrote:
<snip>
> During the summit the agreement was, if I recall, that reschedules would
> happen within a cell, and not between the parent and cell. That was
> completely acceptable to me.

Follow on question (just because the right folks are in this thread, and
it could impact paths forward). I know that some of the inability to
have upcalls in the system is based around firewalling that both Yahoo
and RAX did blocking the compute workers from communicating out.

If the compute worker or cell conductor wanted to make an HTTP call back
to nova-api (through the public interface), with the user context, is
that a network path that would or could be accessible in your case?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net