[Openstack-operators] Ceph upgrade causing health warnings

Grant Morley grant at absolutedevops.io
Wed May 17 10:47:28 UTC 2017

Hi All,

We have just upgraded our ceph cluster to Jewel-10.2.6 running on Ubuntu
14.04 and all seems to have gone quite well. However every now and then
we are getting health warnings for the cluster that state the following:

all OSDs are running jewel or later but the 'require_jewel_osds' osdmap
flag is not set

That setting doesn't appear to be in the ceph.conf file. I was wondering
if anyone else has come across this and if they have simply added the
config and restarted ceph to fix the issue?

I am a little reluctant to do it at the moment as the cluster seems to
be running fine. Just more of an annoyance that we are getting a lot of
alerts from our monitoring systems.

Regards,

Grant

--