[Openstack-operators] [nova] Anyone using the scheduler trusted filter?

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon May 8 20:00:48 UTC 2017

Le 05/05/2017 17:22, Mike Perez a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> This filter has been experimental since its existence: May 28, 2012 [1]. There
> are still no third-party tests to prove if this code is functional. I would
> like to understand how many people are using it, and how well it's working for
> you. Otherwise I'd like to propose it be deprecated in Pike until we have
> someone who wants to own it. Thanks.
>
> [1] - http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/commit/?id=14c01e09b68b367d708c6ddd6f3d4e440687727c

FWIW, I wrote some ML thread [1] a couple of years ago about that
problem that led to signaling operators how experimental was that filter
[2].
Deployers can run custom filters from their own tree so I don't have
concern with removing that TrustedFilter from our tree. Given the
signaling was implemented 4 releases ago, we can even directly propose a
patch for deleting the file from our tree (and I can volunteer for that).

-Sylvain

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-June/067766.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194592/5/