[Openstack-operators] Neutron Issues

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Tue May 2 20:27:40 UTC 2017

Failed to allocate networks usually means that the port failed to bind on
the neutron side.

If you're using ML2 + (ovs or Linux bridge), that's usually caused by
either the agent on the host being dead, or there being no agent running on
that host at all.

Do a 'neutron agent-list' and ensure that you have an agent running on the
host that Nova is trying to schedule the instance to.