[Openstack-operators] Neutron Issues

Steve Powell spowell at silotechgroup.com
Tue May 2 20:16:12 UTC 2017

Hello Ops!

I have a major issue slapping me in the face and seek any assistance possible. When trying to spin up and instance whether from the command line, manually in Horizon, or with a HEAT template I receive the following error in nova and, where applicable, heat logs:

Failed to allocate the network(s), not rescheduling.

I see in the neutron logs where the request make it through to completion but that info is obviously not making it back to nova.

INFO neutron.notifiers.nova [-] Nova event response: {u'status': u'completed', u'code': 200, u'name': u'network-changed', u'server_uuid': u'6892bb9e-4256-4fc9-a313-331f0c576a03'}

What am I missing? Why would the response from neutron not make it back to nova?