[Openstack-operators] [Mitaka - Heat] HTTPInternalServerError: ERROR: Remote error: BadRequest Expecting to find domain in user

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Tue May 2 19:15:07 UTC 2017

Hello Ops,

In our Mitaka Deployment with SSL and Keystone v3, we are having the below errors while trying to create a stack but they do not show while listing them:

# openstack stack list
WARNING: openstackclient.common.utils is deprecated and will be removed after Jun 2017. Please use osc_lib.utils

[root at wpc-controller ~]# openstack stack create --template instance-hot.yaml hot-instance
ERROR: Remote error: BadRequest Expecting to find domain in user - the server could not comply with the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect. The client is assumed to be in error. (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-e281f8bd-c7cd-486f-87be-dd6401b25cd3)
[u'

Our Heat Conf:
[DEFAULT]
log_dir = /var/log/heat
heat_metadata_server_url = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:8000
heat_waitcondition_server_url = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:8000/v1/waitcondition
heat_watch_server_url = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:8003
region_name_for_services = RegionOne
num_engine_workers = 5
auth_encryption_key = orchestration_auth_encryption_32

# Domain
stack_domain_admin_password = REDACTED
stack_domain_admin = heat_domain_admin
stack_user_domain = d41933e4c1314a9e8f589db66cc9f844
deferred_auth_method=trusts

[oslo_messaging_notifications]
driver = heat.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier

[keystone_authtoken]
auth_type = v3password
username = heat
project_name = service
project_domain_name = Default
user_domain_name = Default
auth_url = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:5000/v3
password = REDACTED

[trustee]
auth_plugin = v3password
username = heat
auth_url = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:35357/v3
password = REDACTED

[oslo_messaging_rabbit]
rabbit_userid = admin
rabbit_password = REDACTED
[clients_keystone]
auth_uri = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:5000/
[ec2authtoken]
auth_uri = https://wpc-controller.cedev1.d002.eng.pdx.wd:5000/v3
[heat_api]
bind_host = 0.0.0.0
bind_port = 8004
workers = 5
cert_file = /etc/heat/ssl/certs/sslcert.pem
key_file = /etc/heat/ssl/private/sslkey.pem

Anyone has faced this problem? I tried any things and I got stuck!

Edgar