[Openstack-operators] backup to object store - tool recommendations

Nick Jones nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 13:50:43 UTC 2017

On 27 Mar 2017, at 12:59, Marcus Furlong <furlongm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 March 2017 at 22:39, Blair Bethwaite <blair.bethwaite at gmail.com <mailto:blair.bethwaite at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone have any recommendations for good tools to perform
>> file-system/tree backups and restores to/from a (Ceph RGW-based)
>> object store (Swift or S3 APIs)? Happy to hear about both FOSS and
>> commercial options please.

[..]

> I've used duplicity before and it seems to provide most of the
> features you are looking for (not sure about xattrs though):
>
>   http://duplicity.nongnu.org/ <http://duplicity.nongnu.org/>
>
> S3 and Swift are both supported.

+1 for Duplicity - we’ve used it with a degree of success for backups of various internal systems.

I can also recommend CloudBerry Backup: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup.aspx

And for personal stuff on MacOS and Windows Arq is great: https://www.arqbackup.com

Cheers.

—

-Nick
--
DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763