[Openstack-operators] [User-committee] [scientific][scientific-wg] Boston Forum task champions

Pierre Riteau priteau at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:43:52 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

I am guilty of adding the kexec topic to the document. While the two mechanisms are different, they have the same end goal of accelerating the time between when the instance is launched and when it is ready for the user.
I would be delighted to work with you to champion both topics together.

The use case is in the context of the Chameleon testbed (https://www.chameleoncloud.org <https://www.chameleoncloud.org/>).
Our users launch bare-metal instances to run computer science experiments, which they may have to do so repeatedly during development and testing.

Pierre Riteau
Chameleon Lead DevOps Engineer