[Openstack-operators] [HA] MIL Ops meetup -- Rabbitmq Pitfalls with HA etherpad

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Thu Mar 16 18:57:45 UTC 2017

Rochelle Grober <rochelle.grober at huawei.com> wrote:
>Please add your comments, suggestions, info, etc. to the Rabbitmq with HA pitfalls etherpad.  There are a few things out there already that will hopefully induce more and better items to include.
>
>See you tomorrow!
>
>https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MIL-ops-rabbitmq-pitfalls-ha

Thanks for organising this discussion which looks like it was an
interesting one! - I'm sad to have missed it.

I'd like to make a few related points:

- In case anyone wasn't aware, there is an #openstack-ha IRC channel
   on Freenode where discussions on all things HA are very welcome.
   RabbitMQ HA war stories would certainly be considered on topic :-)

- Similarly, there is a weekly IRC meeting where all OpenStack HA
   topics are up for discussion:

     https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/HATeamMeeting

- We have just started an initiative to revamp the HA Guide:

     http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/ocata/improve-ha-guide.html

   Any input regarding content relating to RabbitMQ HA or indeed any
   other aspects of OpenStack HA are most welcome.  For example, it
   might be great to capture some of these war stories in the guide,
   or maybe put them in the Operations Guide and then cross-link from
   the HA Guide.  If you might interested in getting involved in
   improving the HA Guide in any way (no matter how small), please
   join #openstack-docs and say hi :-)

Cheers,
Adam