[Openstack-operators] Flavors

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Thu Mar 16 16:56:46 UTC 2017

One way I know some providers work around this when using OpenStack is by
fronting the VM request with some code in the web server that checks if the
requested spec has an existing flavor. if so, use the flavor, if not, use
an admin account that creates a new flavor and assign use it for that user
request then remove if when the build is complete. This naturally impacts
your control over hardware efficiency but it makes your scenario possible
(for better or for worse). I also hate being forced to do what someone else
decided was going to be best for me. That's my decision and thanksully with
openStack, this kind of thing is rather easy to do.

//adam

*Adam Lawson*

Principal Architect, CEO
Office: +1-916-794-5706