[Openstack-operators] [Neutron][Contrail] packet flow

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Tue Mar 7 20:41:48 UTC 2017

Question:

Is it by design that all packets originating from behind the vRouters must
pass through the control plane? I recently spoke to a rather large Contrail
consumer who are dealing with performance issues because the control plane
is getting overloaded and unable to scale to accommodate the amount of VM
traffic flowing through it.

That seems completely wacky to me as I expect the control plane to handle
administrative tasks only - not production traffic.

Did something fundamentally change of which I'm unaware?

//adam

*Adam Lawson*

Principal Architect, CEO
Office: +1-916-794-5706