[Openstack-operators] [packaging][ubuntu] nova-api + nova-placement-api package conflict

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 26 13:28:40 UTC 2017

Tweaking subject line a bit...

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 at 02:27 Chris Apsey <bitskrieg at bitskrieg.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Doing some testing prior to moving to Ocata from Newton, and I ran into
> this issue when trying to get the nova placement api set up:
>
> ======================================
> Package: nova-placement-api
> Version: 2:14.0.5-0ubuntu1~cloud0
> =====================================
>
> Anyone encountered this before?  Not sure why nova-api is marked as
> conflicts here.

Really good question - this Conflicts was dropped in 2:15.0.0~b2-0ubuntu1
and it looks like we need the same fix into the Newton packages as well.

I can see why you want to get the placement api configured before upgrading
as I don't think Ocata will even function without the placement api running
- minimal downtime during release upgrades is always a good idea!

If you could raise a bug using 'ubuntu-bug nova-placement-api' that would
be a great start to get things rolling.

Cheers

James