[Openstack-operators] [telemetry] Issues with autoscaling using HEAT, Aodh and Ceilometer

Amit Kumar ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:32:22 UTC 2017

Hi

I have installed OpenStack using OpenStack-Ansible 14.1.1. I have installed
Ceilometer, Aodh and using Mongo DB. I am trying simple autoscaling
scenario. On Horizon GUI, I have not been able to see the resource usage
getting updated consistently. In "ceilometer meter-list" command is also
not showing the update list of resources. In compute node ceilometer
polling, I am seeing log like *"Skip pollster cpu_util, no resources found
this cycle"*. Could you give any direction that what could be the issue?

Only couple of times, I have seen alarm state being changed to "alarm" from
"insufficient data" but at this point Aodh Notifier gives error:
*http://paste.openstack.org/show/612823/
<http://paste.openstack.org/show/612823/>*.

Please give some pointers to find the actual root cause behind the issues.

Regards,
Amit