[Openstack-operators] OpenStack Bug Data [Fault Genes]

Nematollah Bidokhti Nematollah.Bidokhti at huawei.com
Thu Jun 1 18:12:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

As per our WG presentation in the Boston summit, the goal of our WG is to define OpenStack fault management policies. These policies would be utilized by other OpenStack projects such as Congress.
There were suggestions from the Operators on how should they provide data to Fault Genes WG.
One suggestion was for Operators to create a replica version of the ticket without the specific user data and send it to us at the same time the ticket is being generated within the Operators environment.
We are currently using data that we are being collected from 3 sources (Launchpad, Stackoverflow, Ask.Openstack.org).
Combined with Machine Learning (NLP-Natural Language Processing) at this time we are identifying the fault classifications, later fault mitigation and other key fault management attributes.
Our current data sources are providing limited information. We would like to receive more data from Operators in order to expand our data pool, define more appropriate fault classifications and refine our algorithms.

There are a couple of ways that we can work with the Operators:

1-      Receive bugs/issues in any format that is easier for the Operators (ideally .CSV format)

a)        We DO NOT want any user information. Only bugs/issues related data. Therefore, Operators can eliminate any user info that they feel are not appropriate to include in the data set.

2-      Fault Genes provides an API where the Operators can send the data directly

a)        Before we go through this step, we would like to get the Operator's ticket templates to determine what are the key fields that we can use

We are looking forward to working with all Operators who are interested in improving OpenStack fault management/handling.

Thanks,

Nemat Bidokhti
Chief Architect, Cloud Resiliency
IT Product Line, Computing Lab
Futurewei Technologies, Inc.
HUAWEI R&D USA
Tel:         +1-408-330-4714
Cell:       +1-408-528-4909
Fax:        +1-408-330-5088
E-mail: nematollah.bidokhti at huawei.com<mailto:nematollah.bidokhti at huawei.com>
2330 Central Expressway
Santa Clara, CA 95050
http://www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2BE03.86FC32A0]<http://10.61.55.2:5000/#/scheduling> [cid:image002.png at 01D2BE03.86FC32A0] <http://www.i2crw.org/> [cid:image003.png at 01D2BE03.86FC32A0] <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fault_Genes_Working_Group>