[Openstack-operators] [cinder] Thoughts on cinder readiness

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Thu Jun 1 01:36:09 UTC 2017

I've been running Ceph-backed Cinder since, I think, Icehouse. It's really
more of a function of your backend or the hypervisor than Cinder itself.
That being said, it's been probabky mt smallest Openstack pain point iver
the years.

I can't imagine what sort of concurrency issues you'd run into short of a
large public cloud given that it really doesn't do much once provisioning a
volume is complete. Maybe if you've got people taking a ton of snapshots?
What sort of specific issues are you concerned about?

-Erik