[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Prefer local Neutron nodes?

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:50:13 UTC 2017

Hello Adam,

this feature you describe makes sense only if the tenant VMs are also
aggregated in the same rack. Is this your scenario ?

Given that you could have 3 network nodes running the L3-agent, then
you can make some scripting to stick the specific router (linux
namespace) to the specific l3-agent.

To see an example of how to migrate a router to a specific l3-agent
please look at:
https://github.com/openstack/osops-tools-contrib/blob/master/neutron/l3-agent-evacuate.py

Saverio