[Openstack-operators] What would you like in Pike?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 16 22:45:23 UTC 2017

On 1/16/2017 3:02 PM, Jonathan Bryce wrote:

> Matt, on the input on big ticket items, I’d love to get your feedback on
> what is missing or you’d like to see more of in the Foundation reports
> or Product Working Group roadmaps to make them more useful for these
> kinds of items. Is this thread more consumable because specific
> functionality is identified over themes? Is it the way it’s scoped to a
> release? We could possibly even add in a similar question (“What would
> you like to see in the next release?”) to the user survey if this is
> info you’ve been looking for.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

For me personally it's probably as simple as the communication medium. I
monitor the openstack-dev and openstack-operators lists. I don't see
Foundation reports or PWG roadmaps. I didn't know those existed, or
where to look for them (I'm sure I could do some googling to find out).
So if those are the things that are meant to feed into the development
teams, or at least to me as Nova PTL, I wasn't aware of them. Maybe I'm
the only terrible PTL that doesn't know about this.

But at least compared to Newton, I had a few Foundation / TC people
private messaging me on a semi-regular basis asking me about the status
of the 'get me a network' effort and if I needed any help/resources with
that, like dev/test/whatever. So there wasn't any formal communication I
knew about that that was a priority for the Foundation, but I definitely
got the message given the attention I was getting about it privately.

Matt Riedemann