[Openstack-operators] What would you like in Pike?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 16 22:40:41 UTC 2017

On 1/16/2017 12:01 PM, Tim Bell wrote:

>> On 16 Jan 2017, at 18:00, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 1/14/2017 4:10 AM, Tim Bell wrote:
>>>
>>> o    Manual interventions are often required to sync the current usage
>>> with the OpenStack view
>>
>> See this spec in nova in ocata:
>>
>> https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/ocata/approved/cells-count-resources-to-check-quota-in-api.html
>>
>> That is meant to redesign how nova handles quotas so we don't have the sync issues anymore.
>
> Looks good to me. Pleased to see this is being spec’d out. Do you think it would make it into Pike?

The counting quotas stuff is actually targeted for Ocata as it ties in
with moving quota resources to the global nova_api database and also
fits into cells v2. There is a WIP patch up for review here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/416521/

Having said that, I don't think we've had any serious review on this
change yet or time for it to burn in and we're 2 weeks from feature
freeze, so it's not looking great for this to get into Ocata at this
point especially with some nova cores being gone this week and/or next week.

Matt Riedemann