[Openstack-operators] What would you like in Pike?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 16 17:00:39 UTC 2017

On 1/14/2017 4:10 AM, Tim Bell wrote:

> o    Manual interventions are often required to sync the current usage
> with the OpenStack view

See this spec in nova in ocata:

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/ocata/approved/cells-count-resources-to-check-quota-in-api.html

That is meant to redesign how nova handles quotas so we don't have the
sync issues anymore.

> o    Nested projects are now in Keystone but is limited support in other
> projects for the end user benefit, such as delegation of quota for
> sub-projects

We've heard that hierarchical quotas in cinder has some issues so the
nova side has been hesitant to make that a priority until the cinder
issues are fixed. This is going to be an item at the upcoming PTG since
it seems like something that's bigger than nova or cinder and will need
to be dealt with by the broader community to get it right, i.e. maybe
the Arch WG needs to help out here?

Matt Riedemann