[Openstack-operators] [Glance] [Nova] Multiple backends / Qcow Derived Images

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Wed Jan 4 21:48:59 UTC 2017

Just a friendly bump. To clarify, the ideas being tossed around are to host
QCOW images on each Compute node so the provisioning is faster (i.e. less
dependency on network connectivity to a shared back-end). I need to know if
this is possible or not. So far, I've seen nothing that suggests that it is
but i want to confirm that.

Also, derived images is a QCOW thing[1], I'm wondering if creating these
dynamically is supported by Nova and/or Glance.

[1]
http://nairobi-embedded.org/manipulating_disk_images_with_qemu-img.html#creating-derived-images

//adam

*Adam Lawson*