[Openstack-operators] LBaaS V2 on multi-node Neutron Liberty

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 15:30:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM, William Josefsson <
william.josefson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I need some advice on installing LBaaS on my Liberty
> (CentOS7) deployment. I have a multi host deployment with 2 Networking
> nodes running all my agents (L3, dhcp, .. )
>
> I have reviewed this [1] documentation, and I notice there is LBaaS
> agent based V2, which is the current version, should I install this
> [2] 'yum install openstack-neutron-lbaas' package only, or should I
> install 'yum install haproxy openstack-neutron-lbaas' on my network
> nodes?

If you plan to use haproxy namespace driver, then you should install
'haproxy' package yourself. As for 'openstack-neutron-lbaas' package, I
believe it should be installed on both controller as well as network nodes.

> I have two Networking nodes, should proceed and install the agent the
> same way on both, and then just verify with neutron agent-list?
>
> This [1] Neutron documentation also mentions: "neutron-db-manage
> --service lbaas upgrade head".
> Can anyone please share what kind of modifications will occur to my DB
> and if it will affect any of my existing data with networks, subnets,
> ports etc in a harmful way, or is this a safe command to run?

This should be safe to apply. It will create some new tables in the neutron
database for LBaaS service plugin to use.

Ihar