[Openstack-operators] [Large deployments] Neutron issues in Openstack Large deployment using DVR

Satyanarayana Patibandla satya.patibandla at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:54:32 UTC 2017

Hi All,

We are trying to deploy Openstack in our production environment. For
networking we are using DVR with out L3 HA. We are able to create 114 VMs
with out any issue. After creating 114 VMs we are getting the below error.

Error: <html><body><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1> The server didn't respond
in time. </body></html>

Neutron services are getting freezed up due to a persistent lock on the
agents table. it seems one of the network node is holding the lock on the
table. After rebooting the network node, the Neutron CLI was responsive
again.

Neutron agent and neutron server is throwing below errors.

Neutron-server errors:
ERROR oslo_db.sqlalchemy.exc_filters     "Can't reconnect until invalid "
ERROR oslo_db.sqlalchemy.exc_filters InvalidRequestError: Can't reconnect
until invalid transaction is rolled back
ERROR neutron.api.v2.resource [req-24fa6eaa-a9e0-4f55-97e0-59db203e72c6
3eb776587c9c40569731ebe5c3557bc7 f43e8699cd5a46e89ffe39e3cac75341 - - -]
index failed: No details.
ERROR neutron.api.v2.resource DBError: Can't reconnect until invalid
transaction is rolled back

Neutron agents errors:
MessagingTimeout: Timed out waiting for a reply to message ID
40638b6bf12c44cd9a404ecaa14a9909

Could you please provide us your valuable inputs or suggestions for above
errors.

Thanks,
Satya.P