[Openstack-operators] artifacts code removed from the glance codebase in Pike

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:15:31 UTC 2017

If you've never deployed, packaged, or used the Artifacts API supplied
by Glance or Glare, you can safely disregard this message.

There's a patch up [0] to remove the legacy EXPERIMENTAL Artifacts API
code from the Glance code repository.  (This is an entirely separate
issue from the question of whether the Glare *project* should be
independent or part of Glance, which we'll be discussing at the PTG next
week [1].)  I would like the patch to merge as soon as possible, but I
also wanted to give people a heads-up in case anyone would be impacted
by this change.

The situation is explained in detail in the releasenotes [2] included on
the patch.  Please let me know immediately if there is a reason why we
should hold off merging this patch.  Otherwise, I'd like to merge it
before the post-PTG burst of code changes begins.

thanks,
brian

[0] https://review.openstack.org/427535
[1] "Macon" room, 9:30-10:30 on Thursday
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427535/14/releasenotes/notes/glare-ectomy-72a1f80f306f2e3b.yaml