[Openstack-operators] [nova] Next minimum libvirt version

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:47:09 UTC 2017

On 2/10/2017 7:28 PM, gustavo panizzo wrote:
> Debian 9.0 has been frozen, soon it will be released with libvirt 3.0.0
> Previous release has 1.2.9
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libvirt0&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>
>> Also, it is just as important to consider minimum QEMU versions at the
>> same time, though it could just be set to the lowest common denominator
>> across distros that remain, after choosing the libvirt version.
>
> Qemu version for the next release is 2.8, previous release is 2.1
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=qemu&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Thanks, I've updated the distro support matrix wiki:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/LibvirtDistroSupportMatrix#Distro_minimum_versions

So it sounds like we're good to bump the minimum required libvirt to
1.2.9 in Pike which drops support for SLES 12, Ubuntu 14.04, RHEL 7.1
and Oracle 7.

We'll bump the minimum required QEMU in Pike to 2.1.0 which in addition
to the above distro versions also drops support for Oracle 7.3. From my
30 seconds of googling I don't see any upcoming announcements for a
newer version of Oracle Linux.

Matt Riedemann