[Openstack-operators] help: Multiple external networks with a single L3 agent

Gaurav Goyal er.gauravgoyal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:39:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

I need your help to configure multiple external networks in openstack
environment.

I am using Liberty openstack.  openvswitch with gre tunneling.
I want to create multiple external networks so that all interfaces of my VM
can be accessible to outside world.
I need your help to config neutron for multiple external networks.

should i do following changes   in my existing configuration?

flat_networks = *
bridge_mappings = external:br-ex,external1:br-ex1
ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex1
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex *p5p3*

is it going to impact all existing VMs running in openstack environment?

   -
      -

      Edit the /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini file and complete the
      following actions:
      1.

         1
         2
         3
         4
         5
         [ml2]
         type_drivers = flat,vlan,gre,vxlan
         tenant_network_types = gre
         mechanism_drivers = openvswitch
         2.

         In the [ml2_type_flat]

         1
         2
         3
         [ml2_type_flat]
         flat_networks = external
         3.

         In the [ml2_type_gre] section,

         1
         2
         3
         [ml2_type_gre]
         tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000

         -  /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini

      [root at OSKVM1 ml2]# grep -v ^# openvswitch_agent.ini|grep -v ^$

      [ovs]
      local_ip = 10.24.0.4
      bridge_mappings = external:br-ex
      [agent]
      tunnel_types = gre

   -

   *To configure the Layer-3 (L3) agent*

   The Layer-3 (L3) agent
   <http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html>
provides
   routing services for virtual networks.
   -

       /etc/neutron/l3_agent.ini file
      1.

         In the [DEFAULT] section,

         1
         2
         3
         4
         5
         [DEFAULT]
         interface_driver = neutron.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriver
         external_network_bridge =
         router_delete_namespaces = True

         Note

         The external_network_bridge option intentionally lacks a value to
         enable multiple external networks on a single agent.

*To configure the DHCP agent*

The DHCP agent
<http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html>
provides
DHCP services for virtual networks.

   1.

    /etc/neutron/dhcp_agent.ini file
   1.

      In the [DEFAULT] section,

      1
      2
      3
      4
      5
      [DEFAULT]
      interface_driver = neutron.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriver
      dhcp_driver = neutron.agent.linux.dhcp.Dnsmasq
      dhcp_delete_namespaces = True

   1.

    /etc/neutron/dhcp_agent.ini file
   1.

      In the [DEFAULT] section,

      1
      2
      3
      [DEFAULT]
      dnsmasq_config_file = /etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf
      2.

   Created  /etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf file and complete the
   following action:
   1.

      Enable the DHCP MTU option (26) and configure it to 1454 bytes:

      1
      dhcp-option-force=26,1454

*To configure the metadata agent*

The metadata agent
<http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html>
provides
configuration information such as credentials to instances.

   1.

    /etc/neutron/metadata_agent.ini file
   1.

      In the [DEFAULT] section,

      1
      2
      3
      4
      5
      6
      7
      8
      9
      10
      11
      [DEFAULT]
      auth_uri = http://controller:5000
      auth_url = http://controller:35357
      auth_region = RegionOne
      auth_plugin = password
      project_domain_id = default
      user_domain_id = default
      project_name = service
      username = neutron
      password = NEUTRON_PASS

      In the [DEFAULT] section, configure the metadata host:
      2.

      1
      2
      3
      [DEFAULT]
      nova_metadata_ip = controller
      3.

      4.

      In the [DEFAULT] section, configure the metadata proxy shared secret:

      1
      2
      3
      [DEFAULT]
      metadata_proxy_shared_secret = METADATA_SECRET

   1.

   Add the external bridge:
   2.

   # ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex
   3.

   Add a port to the external bridge that connects to the physical external
   network interface:

   Replace *INTERFACE_NAME* with the actual interface name. For example,
   *eth2* or *ens256*.

   # ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex *p5p2*

*Regards*
*Gaurav Goyal*