[Openstack-operators] query NUMA topology via API

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Wed Feb 1 20:00:08 UTC 2017

I just confirmed with jaypipes and mriedem that the new placement API will provide this information.  With huma nodes being a “nested resource provider” [1].  This work however, did not make it into ocata.  So this should be a thing under available in pike and beyond.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nested-resource-providers

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy

On 2/1/17, 12:52 PM, "Chris Friesen" <chris.friesen at windriver.com> wrote:

    On 02/01/2017 09:49 AM, Gustavo Randich wrote:
    > Hi, is there any way to query via Compute API the NUMA topology of a compute
    > node, and free ram/cpu of each NUMA cell?

    Not that I know of, but might be a useful thing for the admin to have.

    Chris