[Openstack-operators] Openstack operational configuration improvement.

Flint WALRUS gael.therond at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:24:19 UTC 2017

Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for your quick and precise response!

It is indeed and kind of you taking time to point me out against the
correct mailing list! Sweet!

As an operator, do you guys see a benefit from such additional feature
within Horizon? asking before starting to develop or ask anything to the
dev-team ^^ If there is no interest for such feature it may no worse to
spend time on it :D

@Sławomir Kapłoński Not really as TripleO and Fuel are primarily focused on
bootstrapping and deploying new platform (Except if things evolved from the
last time I read about) where my feature would be a dynamic configuration
management from within the horizon dashboard on already existing platform
handeling production workloads.

That would allow an operator to change a KVM related nova setting or a
neutron one without having to deal with ansible or any other third party
configuration management system plus it would help beginners to understand
what all options means and give you a clear and visual understanding of
your platform settings at glance instead of digging within INI files and
your configuration management system.

Thanks anyone participating this discussion.