[Openstack-operators] Case studies on Openstack HA architecture

Imtiaz Chowdhury imtiaz.chowdhury at workday.com
Sat Aug 26 00:11:14 UTC 2017

Hi Openstack operators,

Most Openstack HA deployment use 3 node database cluster, 3 node rabbitMQ cluster and 3 Controllers. I am wondering whether there are any studies done that show the pros and cons of co-locating database and messaging service with the Openstack control services.  In other words, I am very interested in learning about advantages and disadvantages, in terms of ease of deployment, upgrade and overall API performance, of having 3 all-in-one Openstack controller over a more distributed deployment model.

References to any work done in this area will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Imtiaz