[Openstack-operators] Rescheduling neutron dhcp agents?

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Mon Aug 7 02:38:50 UTC 2017

If you have 'allow_automatic_dhcp_failover' set to True then it will
automatically remove networks from DHCP agents that are offline.

However, this only applies to networks that are in the admin_state_up=True
condition. If you explicitly set them to admin_state_up=False then
automatic rescheduling won't occur. This was intentionally done so
operators could avoid having networks rescheduled from DHCP agents they
were performing short term maintenance on.

So next time just start by shutting the agent down and ensuring that
'allow_automatic_dhcp_failover' is set to True in your server config and it
should work.