[Openstack-operators] Rescheduling neutron dhcp agents?

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 15:26:32 UTC 2017

I'm in the process of testing out moving around some neutron services.
I'm starting with dhcp-agent. I've got neutron set to have 3 dhcp
instances per network.

I set the admin state of a single dhcp agent to down, then all the
dhcp namespaces were automatically removed from the node running dhcp
agent. Then I deleted the agent thinking the dhcp services would get
rescheduled to another node, but they were not. So now I've just got
two dhcp servers for most networks.

Am I, as admin, expected to now do something like add all the networks
with only 2 dhcp servers to a new dhcp-agent (using neutron
dhcp-agent-network-add) or should neutron reschedule them
automagically?

I'm hoping I just missed a step here. :)

Thanks,
Curtis.