[Openstack-operators] Swift bulk delete

Hanieh Rajabi hanieh.rajabi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:27:22 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

We are running swift 2.7.0 (on Mitaka) and we've defined our
keystoneauth in Swift proxy-server.conf as follow:
operator_roles = SwiftOperator, admin

The problem is that users whose are not granted neither SwiftOperator
nor admin right in the project are unable to delete multiple objects
on their containers with a single request (bulk operation), though
they've been granted read/write access on that container.

As there is no policy.json file for Swift object store in openstack, I
was wondering if there is any workaround to grant bulk delete right to
non SwiftOperator role (Member):q users?

any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Hanieh