[Openstack-operators] LTS Dreaming ... [was] Help: Liberty installation guide (English).

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Apr 12 14:10:07 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 06:01:00PM -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:

:Right, but the distros aren't interested in funding developers for LTS
:upstream work, much less a lot of the stable branch support upstream. It
:shouldn't be surprising why, that's where they can make money.

No doubt that's their thought.  I for one don't think that would make
any difference in who's paying them while it would cut down on their
costs, but as you say:

:As has been mentioned already, none of this is news and we go over it at
:least once per year.

So I doubt anyone's shifting their corporate priorities around this.

:Oh btw, Mitaka EOL was scheduled for yesterday.

Yay! I'm EOL again!