[Openstack-operators] Nova live-migration failing for RHEL7/CentOS7 VMs

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 19:04:06 UTC 2016

If you are deploying on CentOS (with RDO?), you can enable the CentOS
Virtualization special interest group [1] repository.

The repository contains qemu-kvm-ev >= 2.3 backported from RHEV.
It is recommended as the qemu-kvm version from base CentOS
repositories is not high enough and lacks some features (things like
snapshots, iirc).

qemu-kvm >= 2.3 is actually a requirement in RDO >= Newton and we'll
bundle the CentOS virtualization SIG repository in our release
packages.

[1]: https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Virtualization

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]