[Openstack-operators] [ansible] Best practice for single interface cconfig

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Wed Sep 28 21:34:35 UTC 2016

It's been a while since I deployed OpenStack from scratch so I'm using the
Ansible install guide [1] and ran into a problem:

How should the hosts be configured for hosts that have one NIC? The test
environment layout with one interface [2] is what I'm following but the
/etc/network/interface content [3] does not follow the test environment
layout (presumes the presence of four interfaces).

How would the network be configured with hosts with only 1 NIC to ensure
Ansible runs properly?

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible/install-guide/index.html
[2]