[Openstack-operators] Converged infrastructure

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:21:12 UTC 2016

Hi matt, the hardware depends on your workload requirements,
especially when we are talking latency. I do Dell PE R630s for
Controllers, and R730 for Compute/Ceph. The latter got 8x400G Intel
S3610+18xHitachi 1.8T SAS. Depending on the workload sensitivity if
you have DBs and long distance between servers, you probably wanna
look at fiber NICs and Switches, mellanox is popular but doesn't come
for free. I do pure 6x10G Intel ixgbe in the 730s, all bonded LACP to
Arista 7050X copper, total capacity per bond is 20Gbit (2x10G active
active). I will test a pure flash array and see how it works too.

If you have some very large flash array, you may wanna consider single
socket. You can watch this video where they run DBs etc., on pure
flash arrays and give some advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqlC7S3cUKs . thx will