[Openstack-operators] ElasticSearch on OpenStack

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Fri Sep 2 20:15:11 UTC 2016

>From Nathan (on TWC Cloud team):

Nathan: The page at
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/heap-sizing.html
gives you good advice on a maximum size for the elasticsearch VM's memory.

Nathan: suggest you pick a flavor with 64GB RAM or less, then base other
sizing things off of that (i.e. choose a flavor with 64GB of RAM and as
many CPUs as possible for that RAM allocation, then base disk size on
testing of your use case)