[Openstack-operators] glance, nova backed by NFS

Tobias Schön Tobias.Schon at fiberdata.se
Wed Oct 12 17:59:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have an environment with glance and cinder using NFS.
It's important that they have the correct rights. The shares should be owned by nova on compute if mounted up on /var/lib/nova/instances
And the same for nova and glance on the controller..

It's important that you map the glance and nova up in fstab.

The cinder one is controlled by the nfsdriver.

We are running rhelosp6, Openstack Juno.

This parameter is used:
nfs_shares_config=/etc/cinder/shares-nfs.conf in the /etc/cinder/cinder.conf file and then we have specified the share in /etc/cinder/shares-nfs.conf.

chmod 0640 /etc/cinder/shares-nfs.conf

setsebool -P virt_use_nfs on
This one is important to make it work with SELinux

How up to date this is actually I don't know tbh, but it was up to date as of redhat documentation when we deployed it around 1.5y ago.

//Tobias