[Openstack-operators] [Neutron][Mitaka] very slow network listing

Piotr Misiak piotrmisiak1984 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:22:10 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I have a very slow network list response time when i add --shared false
parameter to cli command.
Look at this: http://paste.openstack.org/show/584409/
without --shared False argument I've got response in 2 seconds
with --shared False argument I've got response in 32 seconds
I debugged a little bit and I see that database returns over 182000
records which is 200MB of data but there are only 4000 unique records.
There are more or less 45 duplicates for every unique record and I have
45 records in neutron RBAC so I see a correlation here.

The issue is quite important because Horizon uses the request with
shared=false to show up the "Launch Instance" form and it takes ages.

Anyone has a similar issue?