[Openstack-operators] Rados Gateway to Swift migration

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:31:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

We're in the process of migrating our object storage from Rados Gateway
to Swift, and I was wondering if anyone has experiences with the data
migration steps from one to the other?

In particular, we're currently copying each object and container one by
one, but the process of inspecting each and every object is incredibly
slow.  The logic we have is kind of rsync-like, so we can repeat and
iterate until it's close, but the final go-live cutover will still take
many hours to complete.  Ideas on how to get over that would be very
much appreciated!

Many thanks