[Openstack-operators] feedback on pymysql

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Thu Nov 17 22:11:21 UTC 2016

As a part of our upgrades to Newton we are transitioning our services to
use pymysql rather than the deprecated MySQL-Python [1]. I believe pymsql
has been the default in devstack and the gate for sometime now and that
MySQL-Python is essentially untested and not updated, hence our desire to
switch.

devstack is one thing, but I'm curious if anyone has experience operating
in production with this, especially if there are issues. I've not seen
anything in testing but if anyone else has I'd love to know positive or
negative.

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PyMySQL_evaluation#MySQL-Connector-Python