[Openstack-operators] [nova][glance] Is anyone using the nova.image.download.modules extension point?

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Tue Nov 15 19:40:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm not using it yet but had the intention on writing a driver which
would download directly from Swift instead of going through Glance for
performance reasons.
I didn't have time to actually write any code yet or see the actual
performance gain (or not) I could get.
I only explored the idea with John Dickinson. He told me that it would
not be impossible to implement and explained how to implement it so I
could benefit from the best Swift performance using some upcoming
features of Swift client.

Mathieu
--
Mathieu